Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Casiotone For The Painfully Alone


Fulfilling my New Year's resolution to never, ever do homework, here's another post. I sort of robotically downloaded this track from Said The Gramophone, my all-time favorite ever blog, but didn't get to listen to it until it came up on my iPod this afternoon moving down the painfully slow salad bar line. I would have stopped in my tracks right there in front of the chickpeas and garbanzo beans... if I hadn't been worried about the hypocrisy of doing something that pisses me off more than pretty much anything.

Casiotone For The Painfully Alone (great name, and a great website): "the musical alias of 28-year-old American film school drop-out Owen Ashworth. Ashworth began making music in 1997 after he realized that song-making was a far more cost-effective means of storytelling than film-making."

MP3: Casiotone For The Painfully Alone, "Cold White Christmas"
And here's another one from his website, off a split 7":
MP3: Casiotone For The Painfully Alone, "Lonesome New Mexico Nights"

No comments: